Monday, June 30, 2008

A Country House


Yesterday I came across this beautiful country home which features in this months Australian House & Garden magazine that I just have to keep. A New England style home with touches of American architecture, I love the wide drive and hedged formal garden, the french gray colour scheme and white accent...a perfect country home in the Southern Highlands of NSW.


I Love the European oak parquetry floors...also the lantern in the double height entry is beautiful, I like the way it picks up on the colour of the stair balustrade.

The home features this lovely white kitchen and gray stone bench top. The open shelves with matching jars of ingredients make a nice statement.

4 comments:

Brown Button Trading said...

Oh I LOVE this house, I think i've seen it before. And that kitchen...total dream kitchen. Those subway tiles on the walls...... I think my whole apartment is the size of the kitchen so I would have to do a minature version of it!!!

Anonymous said...

I want one of these lights in my entry. How come I can't find these in Australia

The House That A-M Built said...

OMG, I have purchased H&G but it has been sitting on my kitchen bench for 'when I have time'! Must read it soon! So many elements in that home that I am trying to simulate in my home project (on probably a more conservative budget)... the white shaker kitchen, timber floors, exterior colour scheme, right down to the staircase and lantern in the foyer (I am posting my lighting dilemmas this week). Oh... I so hear you Victoria Maison... where does one get good lights in Oz? A-M xx

Oliveaux said...

Your house will be stunning A-M. With all this blogging it's hard to fit in time for the magazines! I have a couple to get to as well...maybe this weekend! Amanda